Tuesday, March 1, 2022

February Mini

Real quick post here as I have to leave for my haircut in a few minutes, and we all know how important that is. Plus this will be a total experiment because Blogger has totally changed the format for creating a post. Everything is appearing in code! Anyway ... a couple months ago I thought I'd try to recreate this little antique
I substituted black for the strips because I couldn't find an appropriate red in my stash.
Cute, but far from the original. Fast forward, our beloved Wendy to the rescue. Several beautiful cuts of red fabric appeared in my mailbox! I chose one and got started right away, recreating the recreation. I set it aside when done, then realized when I was getting ready to post this morning that I hadn't quilted it yet (!) so I proceeded to do so. That's why I'm late.
Here are the two "sisters" ( or maybe cousins?)
I love them both. Now go to Wendy's page to check out the rest of the bunch. Love, Sandy

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Sandy! I love each one. I am always drawn to black (what does that say about me?), but the red is definitely a better representation of the original. Two great finishes!
    And that is SO "Wendy" to send you red options when you had none. She is our leader in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two sweet minis! Hourglass blocks are so versatile and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find such fun antique quilts to reproduce! I think both of your versions--sisters or cousins--are wonderful.
    I wonder if everyone's blogger changed or just some have the new/different version. I posted yesterday and it was the same, most recent version. I hope it's still that way when I post next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so happy that the red worked out. And now you have two marvelous minis. I love them both! Thanks for another great mini!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to see two versions of your hourglass quilt. Cousins or sisters, they both look great. It's interesting to put your own spin on an antique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great mini quilts - twice the fun! Love the hourglass design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both, each sets their own mood to what ever you set next to them in display.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of Wendy to send you several reds and your re-do looks fabulous! I do love the way both minis look next to each other. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your inspiration quilt, and the one you made, are terrific. What a fun exercise and the reds look great.

    ReplyDelete