Sunday, September 6, 2020

September

Blogger is being a real pain in the xxx this morning so this will be a short post
I finished my interpretation of Lynn Wilder’s “Lil Orphan Scrappy” aka what I’m currently calling “Orphan Scrappy’s Long Lost Cousin.” That name may change.  Its significantly different than Lynn’s quilt (there’s a link in my previous post - not goin’ there today.). The point being, you can use her pattern to make her version, or mix it up a little like I did (if you’re brave) and come out with your own unique quilt.



It’s looking  like yet another blurry photo. 
However it’s 95 degrees outside, and I really don’t want to repeat the process of staging and photographing my quilt in this heat. Which I do not do well with.

The detail picture is much better.



Good news is, now that I finally bought a new iPad, I am once again able to leave comments, but the bad news is I’ve fallen way behind, and really, I have no excuses. Maybe it’s my mood, which is finally reflecting the effects of all this sequestering, and addition of the fires. The horrible devastation, and the constant smoke.  The other thing is, your comments are no longer showing up in my email, so I don’t have a reasonable way to answer them. I apologize, and I still enjoy reading everyone’s blogs every day.

The first time I posted using my iPad, it was easy. This time it’s messed up. I wii go ahead and post this before it gets any more messed up. 

Love, Sandy




7 comments:

  1. Yet another beautiful old timey quilt. I love the variation of light and dark outer squares. It really sets off the blocks! Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely quilt. Hang in there with blogger. I get email notifications for most but not all my comments. Who knows why??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! I love how you used the greys. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful version of Orphan Scrappy. There is a place in the Comments section of your blogger settings where you add your email address as the place to send comments. If you previously had that set try removing that address and put in another address, hit update, then try adding a test comment to your post and see if it eventually comes to the new email address. If it does, go back to settings and do the same thing all over again, this time putting in your desired email address again, send another test comment and see if that works. I had to do this several months ago and it solved the issue, except for a few commenters who don't have Gmail. Google doesn't play well with other emails like yahoo. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful quilt. I love the setting with the hourglass blocks. great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! I’m going to try what Pat said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that setting, thanks for the inspiration! May use it to set my Stars In A Time Warp... it is about time they blocks became a quilt top!

    ReplyDelete