Friday, August 7, 2020

Experimenting

 I finally broke down and bought a new iPad. My old iPad was (is) a generation one, and served me well for seven years, but it was slowly becoming more and more dysfunctional. Then a couple of weeks ago I dropped it and the screen shattered,..

I’d never been able to write and publish a blog post on the old one, so I thought I’d give it a try on the new one. 

  Below are the bonus triangles left over from my flying geese quilt, made mostly into pinwheels plus a few outlier blocks. The lemoyne star is from an English paper piecing project I abandoned several years ago. Looks promising as the center of a medallion quilt, which has been on my to-do list for many years. Not sure what comes next.

Next up the beginnings of a bed quilt for my guest room. Low contrast and blendy. 








5 comments:

  1. The joys(?) of the new improved (ha) blogger! I like where your hst/pinwheel medallion quilt is heading. Your new laptop did a great job! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like we all can still learn a few new tricks. Your medallion quilt is great. I love that design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m fascinated by the colors of your low contrast quilt. The subdued fabric choices are so interesting. It’s going to be fun watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you have created from an orphan block and bonus triangles. Looking forward to seeing how it grows.
    Usually low volume quilts are light shades. I like this darker take on the idea. Looks very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandy, so happy to find your blog . you have a love of the colours that I do. Kind Regards, Binsa

    ReplyDelete