Tuesday, July 5, 2022

a day late

In my apparent state of (ambivalence? dimentia?) I forgot to hang my Flag Quilt yesterday.


 I took care of that this morning.


 Meanwhile, while I'm here, I thought I'd try to share with you something I came across this morning while surfing around on Pinterest.  Like many of you, I was and am still a great fan of Sue Garman, and was stunned and distressed when she passed away several years ago. I continued to follow her blog when her girls took over, a brave and challenging thing to do. What footsteps to follow! 

I always think of Sue Garman as the creator of beautiful exquisitely detailed quilts that are painstakingly planned and perfectly constructed. But the following post shows her love of scrappy quilts and off-beat quirky quilts, the type that have come into popularity more recently. And I love her take on this! I don't remember seeing this post before. Click on the link and enjoy! http://suegarman.blogspot.com/2012/11/

Also, I just realized that "Come Quilt" is another blog I lost when I inadvertently deleted my blog list a few years ago. I'm still working on finding the missing blogs. It helps to peruse the lists of others, but I'm still missing a lot. 

Here's something new. Yesterday I discovered I can no longer view more than the most recent ten blog posts on my list. The thing at the end that says "show all" ? Its not working. Not on my ipad, nor on my computer. I have gone into my settings, and the maximum blog posts it allows to be shown is ten. Can't be changed, apparently . So if I don't check my list at least once or twice a day, I may miss your post entirely. Extremely annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas how to solve it?


Sandy



 

10 comments:

  1. I counted 43 blogs listed on your blog page. I had to click the "show more' icon to get more than 10. I enjoyed going to Sue Garmen's old blog and feeling her enthusiasm through her words. I love your little flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I think you may have fixed it! Yay !And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops … they disappeared again.🙁

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet flag quilt! I also like the blue and white around the corner from it.
    I haven't looked at Sue Garman's blog for a while and think I discovered it just after she died. How I wish I'd know about it years before. Thank goodness all her old posts are still available. What an inspiration! Thanks for posting the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little patriotic flag. Sorry blogger is giving you problems. No idea how to fix ☹️

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great little flag quilt. I just barely put out my patriotic quilts on Monday. I haven't been to Sue's quilt in a LONG time. Didn't even realize anyone was maintaining it.
    "Show All" worked on your sidebar for me. Sometimes blogger is so random as to what works and what doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "show all" works for me too. What a neat flag quilt - it doesn't hit you over the head - I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love your little flag quilt. I also am a Sue Garmin fan. I watched the tribute to her at one of the big quilt shows. They had many of her quilts on display and it was breathtaking to see how many beauties she had made.
    Blogger is buggy I find. But I don't trust myself anymore, now I'm old, :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mini flag quilt and it looks so nice hanging on your wall. Thanks for the link to Sue Garman's blog. I see your list on the sidebar and "show all" worked for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad the show all button is working again. I should probably try using your list since bloglovin has been down so often lately. I don't know how I missed this post last month, but your flag quilt is so pretty. Love the star layout and the scrappy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete