It was one of those nights... not tired, couldn't make myself go to bed... started playing in the sewing room.
I remembered a bunch of waste triangles I had left over from some star blocks I'd recently made. I took a handful of them and laid them out, totally random but with a directional flow. I liked it, so started sewing them together. They were not uniform, so when it came to sewing the rows together the seams did not match.
I thought that the mismatched seams and the dull colors made it look kind of old and primitive. I added some borders, then freehand quilted it with tan thread. The quilting literally disappeared! If you look really really close, you might see a few of the stitches.
Meanwhile, I made a little tutorial on how to install a butted binding on a doll quilt, which you will find here.