Monday, July 16, 2018

My Quirky Quilt



I've been in the mood to play with scraps.

You know all those tiny little bits, sometimes called "crumbs",  that can drive you mad? I have numerous containers full of these little critters.


Not to mention odd-size strips and triangles, as well as a box of little ufo-type things - partial blocks, rejected ideas for blocks, leftovers.... etc.


 A few weeks ago I saw this on Pinterest and got an idea.

stellarubinantiques.com

I thought I'd go ahead and make a few "quirky" blocks, using my scraps and strips, and see what I came up with.

My strategy is to start by making "centers" with the smallest scraps, then work out with larger pieces, to end up with 6 1/2" unfinished blocks.



Or, start with a UFO in the middle.


Here are the first ten blocks I made last week.


I'm liking these. Back to the sewing room to make some more.



As you can see, they add up pretty quickly. 



And it just keeps growing!

This is definitely fun!

Now to link up with Judy's Design Wall Monday.



love,
Sandy


7 comments:

  1. This is not a quirky quilt, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful quilt. You need to come and sew at my house so some of your creative juices rub off - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both!
    Kat, there's nothing wrong with "quirky". Just ask Sheryl at Temecula Quilt Co. She just published a book on quirky quilts!

    Robin, I would love to come sew with you! I've visited your blog, and believe me, your creative juices are doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOh! I love it! That is as you know y favorite kind of piecing. I hope you are planning on putting this in the Show?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a fun piece! Enjoy stitching on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm loving what you are doing here! this looks so FUN and uses up all those odd bits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha... I wish! I don't think I've made a dent!

    ReplyDelete