Monday, July 3, 2017

Marvelous Minis

Sheryl over at Temecula Quilt Co. is hosting this irresistible sew-along, calling this one Marvelous Mini Mondays.


Any of you out there who are making these know how fun they are to make!



This is the basked of scraps I'm working from.

Today marks week 5, but I'm not quite caught up. Swing back later tonight or tomorrow, I should have posted a couple more blocks by then.


Meanwhile, a while back I had the brilliant idea to make a braid quilt. I got the idea from Lori over at Humble Quilts, who made a really cool one a few years ago. I'd throw in a link if I could find the post ....  anyway ~ about mid-way through mine, I decided it just looked like a royal mess. Later (much later) I deconstructed it into strips, then set about turning most of them into Triangle Squares, and sewed them into a Vet Quilt.


Much better!

Now to link up with Design Wall Monday

love,
Sandy

3 comments:

  1. Randy's doing those cute little blocks too! There's something really appealing about them. The vet quilt turned out great! good repurpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minis are so adorable and the braid quilt looks wonderful!! Love the way you used the colours and the prints.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Temecula tiny blocks are always so tempting to make. Yours are cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete