I have enough here for at least one doll quilt.
I can get one 2 1/2 x 5" piece from each scrap,
to give me two 2 1/2" squares
cut into triangles, and did the same with some Vintage Shirtings of the same odd shape.
A little arranging resulted in a sweet little top.
I wanted to make this look like an actual "old" doll quilt, possibly made by a child. Some of the shirtings were stained and I decided that added to the look. Tying rather than quilting seemed right. I used embroidery thread, then roughed up the ends. Also didn't want nice crisp corners, so rounded them a little.
The hardest part was finding something for the binding that looked old. This is as close as I could come...
I don't think I quite nailed the "authentically old" look, but I'm happy with it none the less.
Check out everyone's Slow Stitching today, on Kathy's blog.
Happy Easter, everyone!