Thursday, April 18, 2013

Greetings!



Hello, my name is Sandy and I'm about to attempt to create a blog!

Its been a long time since I've used Blogger, and it has changed!
I'm trying to figure it out all over again, as I go along.

I thought I'd start by showing this little doll quilt I made my niece, several years ago. The embroidered poodle is from an old tea towel that was in the rag bag. The rest of it is all leftovers from the Red and Black quilt I made my sister (scroll to see below).


Below is a partial photo the quilt I made my sister, but it doesn't show the border, which is a black tone-on-tone print. I hope to get a better photo when I visit my sister this summer.

 

The greys and blacks are mostly Mourning Prints from the Civil War Era. I did not know this when I bought them and made the quilt! I just thought they would look good with the red. I ended up quilting it with perle cotton, which was a horrid process, and have since switched to embroidery thread for my "bold" quilting.

ps - after viewing some of the other Quilting blogs, I'm thinking I need to change my approach to photography!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sandy, Welcome to blog land! It looks great! The doll quilt is very cute and the re-purposed center is right up my scrappy alley! I really like those mourning fabrics too. I like that alternating block setting and red, black and grey is always a winning color scheme! cheers, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the lucky sister that has this wonderful quilt on her bed at all times! I love it so much!!! Thank you Sandy!

    ReplyDelete