Monday, August 28, 2017

Temecula Mini's

Today Sheryl posted her layout for her Marvelous Mini's, which I've been sewing along with the past few months. I'm pretty much caught up with the blocks, so I started auditioning fabrics for the setting strips. Here's what I've looked at so far. Maybe you can help me make up my mind!

This is the first fabric I auditioned, and I loved it right away! Trouble is, I don't think I have enough. Maybe if I used it for the vertical stripes, and something else for the horizontal strips.


At first I thought this was boring, but its starting to grow on me. And I definitely have enough for the sashing, and a border. I'd want to add a second, more interesting border tho, and maybe some cornerstones.

This works - the blocks definitely pop - but maybe too much?  I think its probably too light.


Whew! Busy. Looks like a carnival. Kinda cool, though ...


Paisley for the vertical and dots for across? Hmmm....


And then there's my old standby, denim. I'd have to jazz it up a bit, with cornerstones and an interesting border.

Well there you have it. This is what's going on, on my design wall today. What do you think??

love,
Sandy

oops... almost forgot to link up with Judy's Design Wall Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I like the light. It does make the blocks pop and does not compete with the busyness of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lean toward the dark blue, but I have always been on the "dark side". :)
    The dark browns appeal to me, too. Checked my stash for more of that first one, but came up empty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second fabric best and the last fabric second best. And looking again, I like the brown fabric (in the next to last photo), too. I love "process" posts like these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mini's are so cute! The sashing is kinda tricky! Have you thought about red or maybe dark chocolate brown? Of course I always like the indigo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, what a dilemma--I think I like them all! The light fabric is the least of my favorites though. Being a blue lover, I really like how it looks, but the stripe-y prints are closer to the Temecula "look", I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide. I'm hoping to play with my blocks today---not sure at all what will happen--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might check out Rogue Quilter - she set her mini on point and added a few more blocks. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete