Friday, April 18, 2014

Doll Quilt Exchange


"Pinwheels for Dolls" by Judy Hanson

Today was a bonanza in terms of the mail.

First, my Amazon package arrived via UPS, bearing a nifty protective case for my new ipad mini, a Conair travel iron, and a new computer mouse (no pix of the mouse, I'm using it as we speak).

All three items were very much needed ASAP, so I was very excited and grateful for prompt delivery.

Then later this afternoon, this came in the mail.
As soon as I saw who it was from, I knew what it was. I follow Judy's blog,  smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com, and got very excited to know that I was the recipient of her quilt in the Civil War Doll Quilt exchange!

Judy wrapped everything up so nice and wrote me a lovely card.
But wait.... what's that still in the package?

A cute little bunny, and a fat quarter!




Later I decided to take a closer look at the "fat quarter" and lo and behold, it wasn't a fat quarter at all, but better yet...
Scraps!!

Tiny ones, all wrapped up in a nice big scrap of beautiful shirting.

How special am I?!?

I absolutely LOVE the doll quilt, am tickled with the bunny, and I can't wait to play around with these scraps! (can you sense another doll quilt coming on? lol!)

Judy, thanks so much for your darling quilt, and all the other goodies. This exchange has been the most fun! And a big thanks goes out to Lori at humblequilt.blogspot.com for organizing the exchange.

love,
Sandy




2 comments:

  1. Wow! You hit the jackpot!! It is a gorgeous quilt and I love the scraps:)

    ReplyDelete